Thursday, 1 December 2011

Day 1: One Word



12/01: One word
What is one word to describe your 2011? Why does that word sum up your year? (We'll be writing about our one word for 2012 later, so just focus on this year!)

Change is my word.  2010 started off okay for me, despite the fact that I had to embrace a big birthday that year which passed okay and we as a family had a good weekend away and to all intents and purposes things seemed fine.  However the middle of 2010 brought huge changes in its wake and I have been dealing with those ever since.  


Mine and my daughter's lives have changed enormously since then, but surprisingly, although they have been difficult they have also been fine, if that makes sense?  I now face the future as a lone parent, but I have found an amazing strength that I never knew I possessed.  I am in the process of setting up my own business to provide for myself and my daughter and hopefully to be able to help her through university.  We will have to move home so that we can live together to keep costs down near to where she chooses to go.  For someone (me) who does not enjoy change I have had to embrace it full force, deal with it and make change part of our lives.

I have some amazing friends who have supported me in simple ways that have meant so much, a kind word, a generous offer of help, a welcome phone call, all of these things together with the love and support of my daughter and my family, and this hidden reserve of strength have made change a word no longer to be feared.

1 comment:

auntiegwen said...

Onwards and upwards xx